Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Faculty Position Opening!
The Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science at Towson University has an opening for a 9-month Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor position beginning in August 2023. If you are an occupational therapist that wants to reach, teach, and lead the next generation of students in the profession, please consider applying.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teaching: Facilitate classroom and applied learning experiences for diverse graduate professional students in occupational therapy and occupational science, advise and mentor students, and direct student research at the doctoral level. Typical course load is 3-4 courses per academic semester.
- Scholarship: Participation and presentation of knowledge base through conferences, outside lectures and/or publications.
- Service: Participate in active service to the department, college, university, community, and profession.
- Earned clinical doctorate degree.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the State of Maryland.
- Minimum of three years full time clinical experience practicing occupational therapy. Preference for recent mental/behavioral health experience.
- Experience in clinical instruction (e.g., student supervision) and/or academic teaching.
- Demonstrated awareness and clear articulation of strategies to foster an inclusive learning environment.
Please contact Derek Piggott at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information or go to https://www.towson.edu/provost/prospective/clinical-assistant-associate-professor-chp-3653.html to view the position.
Ad Expires June 12, 2023