The Maryland Occupational Therapy Association announces the 2022 Henrietta Price Student Scholarships.
Each year, MOTA accepts applications from its student members for a merit-based scholarship. The scholarship award is given to those MOTA students who are in good academic standing; have demonstrated through hands on experience (fieldwork, volunteering or paid employment) knowledge of occupational therapy services; and can articulate and discuss his/her commitment to professional development and growth.
Candidates must either be (1) enrolled full-time in a Maryland college or university occupational therapy degree program or (2) a Maryland resident who has the intent to work in Maryland but is enrolled in an out-of-state, accredited occupational therapy degree program. All applicants must have had at least one term or semester of OT or OTA course work completed before applying.
Scholarships are awarded based upon the following:
- Academic performance
- Hands on experience related to OT service delivery
- Commitment to professional development and leadership
The Application DEADLINE is October 14, 2022. Scholarship winners will be notified the week of November 1, 2022
Instructions: Follow these guidelines. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Verify that you are an active MOTA member by obtaining your membership ID number. Log onto the website, motamembers.org, and click “Membership” then “Manage Account”
- Arrange to have a recent, official transcript sent by your college/university Registrar to the address below. The transcript must show you have completed at least one term of course work and report your GPA as of the most recent term. Applicants presenting a GPA of 3.0 or higher will receive primary consideration.
- Candidates who are enrolled in an out-of-state OTA or OT ACOTE accredited program must include a valid and current official document substantiating full-time Maryland residency, such as the Maryland Income Tax Form. A signed statement of intent to reside in Maryland post-graduation must accompany the document.
- Secure one professional reference to be emailed, faxed or mailed to the address below. The reference should address the applicant’s academic achievement and skills related to the potential as an occupational therapy practitioner and/or professional leadership.
- The documents must bear an original signature or e-signature.
- Reference must be from a faculty member of the OTA/OT program you are attending OR an occupational therapy practitioner or a person who is knowledgeable about occupational therapy and holds a position of authority in an organization, in which you volunteered, had paid employment, or completed a fieldwork rotation.
- References from family and/or immediate household or domestic partners will not be accepted.
- Complete the application in its entirety. Ensure that the four page application and all supporting documents are sent or faxed to the address below. Unsigned or illegible applications will not be considered. Keep a copy for your records. No submissions will be returned.
By Mail: By Fax: By Email:
Jennifer Wingrat (410) 704-2322 firstname.lastname@example.org
8000 York Rd
Towson MD 21252
Additional Scholarships Distributed by the American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF)